Tuesday, June 24, 2008

So today was pretty much one of the worst days of my life!!!!

I haven't been drinking enough water lately, so I guess I got really dehydrated. I started to get a bad cramp, but with regular cramps, you can usually switch positions and it'll let up a little. but it was just getting worse and worse and it was moving towards my back (I've had kidney stones before, so I knew what was coming)

BUT.....if that wasn't bad enough, I had eaten some of those frozen toquitos this morning, and I think the box had may have been open before. not that anyone tampered with it, but something probably just got into the food. so I got food poisoning on top of the stones!!! it was the kind of food poisoning that's just way intense for an hour or so and then you feel better.

So I'm done throwing up, but I just can't move around too much. it's like if I jostle my stomach I'll remind it that I'm sick! lol.
Luckily I was able to fall asleep for a little bit to let the stone stop hurting so much.

seriously, I love the magical power of sleep. not only does your body heal, and re energize while you sleep, but I just being unconscious while my body is in pain. cuz our bodies can handle so much, but I'm just a little baby

so, enough about my whining. other that being sick things are going pretty well. I might be getting a better job at Albertson's. My friend Jeremy is going to Orem for school to become a linemen, and I'll probably get his meat wrapping job. I pretty much already have it unless someone more qualified applies for it. it's pretty much the best job in the store, so I'm super excited. The only thing that sucks about it, is Jeremy is pretty much the coolest person who works at Albertson's. there's a lot of cool people, but he's the closest to me in age, and we have more in common than anyone else.

Things are going pretty well for Pat at work too, he finished his second year of school, and he should be taking his Journeyman's test soon. His bosses LOVE him! he keeps getting raises and stuff. he just got a $2 raise the other day, so he's making $16 an hour now, and he's not even a journeymen yet! when he passes his test, he'll be one of the youngest (if not THE youngest) journeymen electricians in St. George :D:D I'm so proud of him!

so, speaking of drastically changing the subject, 23 days, 2 hours, 37 minutes, and 7 seconds until the Dark Knight comes out!!! I wanted to put a video on here of Two-Face, but I guess this site doesn't allow direct links from youtube, but if you want to see it, go to http://www.whysoserious.com/myhero/



p.s. my dogs are the sweetest creatures ever to walk this earth!! the whole time I was sick they were sitting right by me cuddling with me. it made me so happy :D Pat's up in Provo for work, so it was nice to not have to be here all on my own.

2 comments:

Dana said...

Hey Liz, I am sooo sorry to hear about you being sick, so stop it! LOL Sorry I had left before you got sick, Icould have helped you. Im so glad you are feeling better. Take care of your grandparents for me.
love ya, mom

Dad said...

Hi Liz! Every few weeks I check your blog to see if there is actually anything new on it. I was so glad to see you have it up and running again!
Sorry you were sick. I know what you mean about the kidney stones. I remember when I had one, the pain was so horrible I almost pulled over on the road to flag someone down to take me to the hospital. It was really intense -- and I wasn't sick on top of it. I don't know how you could stand it. You've really been through a lot of pain in the last couple years. You're due for a few pain-free years!
Glad to hear Pat is doing so well. I tried my hand at installing a new overhead light in our house last week. It took me forever to figure out how the circuits were wired. I have a real appreciation for electricians!
Talk to you soon.
Love, Dad